Authorization for Competition
I hereby certify that the musical composition submitted by this student is the original work of this student. Furthermore, any copyrighted materials, including texts, have been cleared for use. I also attest that this piece has not been published by an outside party, and that if selected, the student is responsible for providing parts for performing ensembles. I agree to the rules and regulations stated in the Guidelines of the NJMEA Young Composer’s Competition and understand that all sent materials will not be returned.
Student’s Signature ____________________________________________________________________________ Date ________________
Parent/Guardian Signature ___________________________________________________________________ Date ________________
Sponsoring Teacher’s Signature ______________________________________________________________ Date ________________
Composition Title: _____________________________________________________________________________________
Checklist for Submissions
- Completed Online Application Form.
- Send the following to:
Andrew Lesser, NJMEA, 6 Christopher Mills Drive, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054.
• Signed Authorization Page
• Entry fee of $20 per submission. Make checks payable to NJMEA.
Send the following electronic files to:
• Electronic copy (PDF preferred) of the score. (Do not write any personal information on this paper.)
• Audio file (live or computer generated) or MIDI file of composition.
• Description of the work and program notes (PDF preferred – Do not write any personal information in the notes).
For any questions or concerns, contact:
Robert Frampton at
BE SURE TO PRINT THIS PAGE BEFORE CONTINUING TO THE APPLICATION FORM
Please use your print command on your computer.
Click here to continue to the Application Form
This box is for NJMEA use only
For NJMEA use only: