In an effort to support our new music educators and bring members together, NJMEA is launching a new Mentorship Program for the 2021-2022 school year! This program will connect first and second year teachers with veteran music educators to work with throughout the year.
What will the program look like?
- All mentors will meet in August to discuss expectations, goals and values of the program
- First and second year teachers will have the chance to sign up through the end of September
- Mentors will be assigned and the program will kick off in October
- Program meetings will occur bi-monthly, including devoted time at the February Conference, where all participants will have the opportunity to share, learn and network
- First and second year teachers will have access to their mentors throughout the year for support based on their needs
In this climate of constant change, the Mentor Program will work to provide an extra support system for first and second year teachers to collaborate, share challenges, hear best practices and engage in our statewide network of music educators, all at their own pace and convenience.