Photos Courtesy of Images by GDVH (http://www.imagesbygdvh.com)
Nick Mossa, Chairperson
Directions To The NJ Performing Arts Center
1 Center Street, Newark, NJ
Via Garden State Parkway North
• Follow Garden State Parkway North to Exit 142 (Route 78).
• Follow Route 78 East.
• Follow Routes 1 & 9 South to Route 21 North (McCarter Highway).
• You will travel across the viaduct into downtown Newark. After crossing the viaduct, stay in the right hand lane until you see Don Pepe’s Restaurant. Take jughandle to cross Route 21 on to Center Street.
Via Garden State Parkway South
• Follow Garden State Parkway South to Exit 145.
• Follow signs to Route 280 East. Follow Route 280 East to Exit 15 (Route 21 South-Downtown).
• At Bottom of ramp (traffic light), make a right onto Route 21 South (McCarter Highway).
• Follow Route 21 to Center Street, and turn right.
Directions to Nicholas Music Center,
Rutgers -The State University
from the Brunswick Hilton and Towers
Take Route 18 North; Go past Route 1 and through the next traffic signal (Paulus Ave.), exit right about 1/4 mile after the traffic signal (the sign says Georges Road and Rutgers), the exit veers back over Route 18. Turn right at the light; Nicholas Music Center is on your right.
2019 All-National Ensembles
Several years ago, a scheduling conflict arose between the NAfME All-National Honors Ensembles (ANHE) and our November All-State events. Unfortunately, after many discussions with NAfME about this conflict and the hardship that it places on New Jersey students, the scheduling of the ANHE will once again conflict with NJ All-State in November of this year. NJMEA policy states that all students must complete their New Jersey All-State experience in order to participate in All-National Honors Ensembles. Because the dates conflict this year, we cannot endorse any Chorus, Orchestra, or Jazz students for the 2019 All-National Honors Ensembles. Band students will remain eligible as long as they fulfill their February All-State obligations, and do not select to also be a member of the All-State Orchestra. This is consistent with how NJMEA has handled this conflict in the past.
We will continue to discuss the situation with NAfME with the hopes of a better outcome in the future.