2022 NJMEA Virtual Summer Conference: The SEL Sequel!
Featured presenters include Amelia Nagoski, DMA & Denise Gagne, along with sessions that include ideas for teacher and student wellness, technology integration, and the needs of special learners. Door Prizes will be available for live participants!
The Summer Conference will take place virtually on July 27 & 28, 2022 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM and will be hosted again by MusicFirst.
Workshop Recordings and Digital Swag Bags will be available for all registrants until September 30, 2022″
|Amelia Nagoski||Denise Gagne|
Use this link to register: Conference Registration
Dates: July 27-28, 2022
- Featured Presenter: 6:00 – 7:00 PM
- Session 1: 7:00 – 7:30 PM
- Session 2: 7:30 – 8:00 PM
- Allison Russo – ‘A Joy to Have in Class’ Social-Emotional Needs of Musical High-Achievers
- Cecilia Roudabush – Hyperscore: A new way to teach music composition using technology
- Shannon Barrett Crumlish – Trauma-Informed Practices in Music Education
- Debbie Mello – Vocal Health for Music Educators
- Ashley Grutta – Taking Care of Yourself is Productive: Yoga, Self-Care, and the Connections that Follow
- Chris Bernotas – Happy New Year! The Same Old New You!
- Tina Myers – Empowering Variations: Connecting through Music
- Beth Duhon – Self-Care for the Music Educator: Happier Music Teacher
- Hosted by Maureen Butler – Special Education Roundtable
- NJMEA IDEA Committee – Resources for Teaching Diverse Repertoire
- MusicFirst Sessions:
- Your Best Advocacy: Documented Individual Student Musical Growth
- Technology in Your Class in a Post-Pandemic World
- Make your Software Sing! Best Technology for the Choral Classroom
- Accurate Advocacy for your Music Classroom
- A More Complete Music Education Experience: It CAN Be Done!