Authorization for Competition
I hereby certify that the musical composition submitted by this student is the original work of this student. Furthermore, any copyrighted materials, including texts, have been cleared for use. I also attest that this piece has not been published by an outside party, and that if selected, the student is responsible for providing parts for performing ensembles. I agree to the rules and regulations stated in the Guidelines of the NJMEA Young Composer’s Competition and understand that all sent materials will not be returned.
Student’s Signature ____________________________________________________________________________ Date ________________
Parent/Guardian Signature ___________________________________________________________________ Date ________________
Sponsoring Teacher’s Signature ______________________________________________________________ Date ________________
Composition Title: _____________________________________________________________________________________
Checklist for Submissions
- Completed Online Application Form.
- Send the following to:
Dr. Andrew Lesser, NJMEA, 6 Christopher Mills Drive, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054.
• Signed Authorization Page
• Entry fee of $20 per submission. Make checks payable to NJMEA.
Send the following electronic files to:
• Electronic copy (PDF preferred) of the score. (Do not write any personal information on this paper.)
• Audio file (live or computer generated) or MIDI file of composition.
• Description of the work and program notes (PDF preferred – Do not write any personal information in the notes).
For any questions or concerns, contact:
Dr. Andrew Lesser at
BE SURE TO PRINT THIS PAGE BEFORE CONTINUING TO THE APPLICATION FORM
Please use your print command on your computer.
Click here to download the NJ-YCC 20-21 Application.
This box is for NJMEA use only
For NJMEA use only: