Job Openings For Music Educators
LOWER SCHOOL GENERAL MUSIC AND PERFORMING ARTS TEACHER (Grades Pre-K-4)
Princeton Day School is seeking a Pre-K through Grade 4 General Music and Performing Arts Teacher beginning Fall of 2018. The Music Teacher reports to the Head of Lower School and to the Director of Fine and Performing Arts/ Design, works closely with the Coordinator of Music and with the Arts Faculty. This full-time position will involve instruction of students in the Lower School. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education (Master’s preferred) with a minimum of three years’ experience teaching elementary students preferred. Level certification in Orff-Schulwerk and/or Kodaly is recommended and piano skills are essential. Experience teaching elementary theatre and dance is highly desirable, with an emphasis on storytelling and creative movement. The candidate will show flexibility and creativity and be able to work collaboratively when making cross-curricular connections with different grade levels.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Teach daily lessons for Pre-K through Grade 4, integrating Music, Theater and Dance
- Conduct the Fourth Grade Chorus
- Coordinate and lead various concerts and performances throughout the year, including LS Assemblies, Holiday and Special Programming, as well as the Closing Ceremony
- Coordinate and Produce the Fourth Grade Operetta
- Lead Players’ Circles
- Collaborate with other PDS Arts disciplines, including Dance, Theater and Visual Arts
- Coordinate and Direct parent booster groups
PDS values the contributions of teachers who demonstrate excellence in the classroom; understand the powerful influence of technology on students’ lives; enjoy connecting with students outside the classroom through advising, coaching, attending games and concerts, chaperoning events and sponsoring activities; have a sense of humor and like to laugh; and are always willing to go the extra mile for their students and colleagues.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and list of references to Marybeth Roach, Director of Human Resources, at: firstname.lastname@example.org